How can we help? Ask a question or describe a problem you're having.
Buy Gold & Silver from BullionStar
- BullionStar at a Glance
- Bullion Shop, Showroom & Vault in Singapore
- Buy Gold & Silver from BullionStar in 4 Easy Steps
- Buying Gold & Silver from BullionStar - Detailed Guide
- Payment & Payment Methods
- Retail Shop & Customer Support Opening Hours
- Cryptocurrency as Payment Option and Currency
- Delivery and Storage for Precious Metals in Singapore
- Delivery and Storage for Precious Metals in New Zealand
- Delivery and Storage for Precious Metals in the United States
- Tax Free Bullion in Singapore, New Zealand & Certain States in the US
- Precious Metals IRA
- Privacy Ensured with BullionStar
- Investment Precious Metals
- Sales Tax in The US
- Affiliate Program
- Buy Precious Metals from BullionStar in Singapore - FAQ
- Buy Precious Metals from BullionStar in New Zealand – FAQ
- Buy Precious Metals from BullionStar in the US – FAQ
- Contact Us
- Set up Your BullionStar Account in a Matter of Seconds
- How to add a Joint Account Holder
- Keeping Funds on Your BullionStar Account
- How to Fund Your BullionStar Account
- How to Withdraw Funds From Your BullionStar Account
- How to Sell Bullion with the Proceeds Paid to Your BullionStar Account
- 2-Factor Authentication via Google Authenticator or SMS
- BullionStar Account - FAQ
- Our Products
- BullionStar's Vault Storage Solution
- Bullion Storage in Singapore
- BullionStar's Vault in Singapore
- Bullion Storage in New Zealand
- BullionStar's Vault in New Zealand
- Bullion Storage in the United States
- BullionStar's Vault in the United States
- Storage Options
- Direct Legal Ownership
- Allocation of Physical Precious Metals
- Bullion Audits
- How to Buy Bullion for Vault Storage
- How to Sell Bullion in Vault Storage
- How to Withdraw Bullion from Vault Storage
- Convert/Withdraw BSP Grams
- IT & Account Security
- In case of death
- Fee Schedule
- Sell To BullionStar
- About BullionStar
- Terms & Conditions
Tax Free Bullion in Singapore
In 2012, Singapore's Government set out to launch Singapore as a precious metals trading and storage hub, and through government agencies such as Enterprise Singapore, actively encouraged and supported the development of the bullion sector in Singapore.
One of the key changes in 2012 from a legislative perspective was the exemption of investment precious metals bars and coins from Singapore's Goods and Services Tax (GST). This means that since 2012, GST does not have to be paid on investment precious metals bought in Singapore or imported into Singapore.
Overall, there are no taxes whatsoever on bullion in Singapore.
- No GST / VAT / Sales tax
- No capital gains tax
- No import taxes or duties
- No export taxes
- No death taxes
All customer information held by BullionStar is treated with full confidentiality.
Account opening with BullionStar is a quick and simple process, and payment options for bullion purchases include both cash and leading cryptocurrencies. In addition, Singapore has a reputation for safety and security, a strong rule of law, virtually no crime, and strong property ownership rights.
Tax Free Bullion in New Zealand
There is no GST for fine precious metals in New Zealand. Gold with a fineness of not less than 99.5%, silver with a fineness of not less than 99.9% and platinum with a fineness of not less than 99% are exempted from GST.
New Zealand also has no capital gains tax for precious metals and no import or export taxes.
Like Singapore, New Zealand is thus a good jurisdiction tax-wise for buying and storing bullion.
Sales Tax for Bullion in the US
Sales taxes are charged only in some states and depend on the type of products purchased. Some states do not charge a sales tax for the purchase of bullion bars and coins, while others charge for numismatic products and accessories such as flips, capsules, and apparel. For more information, please visit our interactive page here.
When you check out, the sales taxes will be calculated for you before you confirm the order.